Dealmoon Local User’s Terms and Conditions
Effective date 01/01/2019
By entering your email address and registering your account, or accepting notifications, you agree to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) offered by Dealmoon Local. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Please read the entire Terms and Conditions carefully before accepting them. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us via email at: [email@example.com], and Dealmoon Local will explain to you. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, or if you cannot understand any term interpreted by Dealmoon Local, please do not accept these Terms and Conditions or use any of the services provided under these Terms and Conditions. Otherwise, you have accepted the terms and conditions described below, and agreed to be bound by them. You shall not claim that these Terms and Conditions are invalid or request to revoke them based on the grounds that you haven’t read them or you haven’t received an answer to your inquiry from Dealmoon Local.
You acknowledge and agree to the interpretation and definition of each term in this Section I, and agree to perform your obligations in accordance with these definitions:
1. User (or “You,” “you,” “Your,” and “your”): Registered member of Dealmoon Local who accepts and agrees to all terms of these Terms and Conditions and all other service terms and operational procedures issued by Dealmoon Local, and engages in Voucher transactions through Dealmoon Local.
2. Merchant: An individual, business entity, or other association who publishes information of goods or services and provides goods or services to the User.
3. Voucher: Your goods/services purchase certificate obtained through Dealmoon Local. The Voucher may be represented by or shown in the forms of QR code, order number, email confirmation, etc.
4. Electronic Voucher Certificate: Electronic certificate for purchase of goods or services issued to you by Dealmoon Local, in the forms of website page, QR code, email confirmation, etc., including contents such as your order number or QR code (to be determined according to specific Voucher orders), as proof of your payment for the Voucher and entitlement to the goods or services purchased.
5. Voucher Information: Information of goods/services published by the Merchant and shown on Dealmoon Local platform, including but not limited to goods/services name, promotion (including but not limited to discount coupon, cash coupon, combo coupon, etc.), type, quantity, quality, price, period of validity, appointment schedule, merchant address, delivery, return and exchange policies, refund policies, customer services, etc.
II. User Services
1. The User agrees to accept all services, as well as all information services, provided by Dealmoon Local.
2. The User agrees that Dealmoon Local reserves the right to modify or discontinue any free services provided to you at any time without prior notice. You agree that Dealmoon Local reserves the right to modify or discontinue any paid transactions with prior notice, and handle the follow-up matters based on principles of fairness, honesty, and exchange of equal value.
3. The User has the right to participate in any activities organized by Dealmoon Local pursuant to the rules published by Dealmoon Local.
4. The User shall give honest reviews for goods/services purchased on Dealmoon Local.
III. Transaction Rules
1. The User shall carefully review all contents of the Voucher order page, including but not limited to all contents of the Voucher Information, as well as contents such as period of validity and refund policies of the goods/services indicated for a second time (if applicable), and select and confirm the quantity of purchase, price, total amount payable, contact information for receipt of Electronic Voucher Certificate.
2. Only after reviewing and confirming all contents of the Voucher order, the User may click the “confirm” button and proceed to the “payment” page. Upon confirmation, the User is deemed to have acknowledged, agreed and accepted all contents of the Voucher order and entered into a Voucher contract with the Merchant. The contents of the Voucher contract are the entire contents contained in the Voucher order, including but not limited to goods/services name, type, quantity, quality, price, period of validity, appointment schedule, merchant address, business hours, refund policies, customer services, etc. Both the User and the Merchant shall perform their respective duties and obligations pursuant to the Voucher contract.
3. Dealmoon Local sends the Electronic Voucher Certificate to the User after payment is processed successfully. The User may redeem the purchased goods/services from the Merchant by showing the Electronic Voucher Certificate.
4. It is the responsibility of the User to properly keep the Electronic Voucher Certificate. Dealmoon Local reserves the right to refuse any request for resending the Electronic Voucher Certificate when the Voucher is used by others because of improper storage by the User.
5. The User shall present the Electronic Voucher Certificate to the Merchant for consumption of any goods/services subject to the Voucher contract, and the Merchant shall provide the User with the goods/services pursuant to the Voucher contract upon verification of the Electronic Voucher Certificate.
6. The User has the right to request Dealmoon Local to refund on behalf of the Merchant in the following circumstances:
6.1 When Dealmoon Local has verified that the User has successfully paid for the Voucher, but the Merchant is unable to provide the goods/services of the Voucher due to force majeure or reasons of the Merchant, including but not limited to construction or renovation, suspension of business, bankruptcy and liquidation, etc.;
6.2 When the Merchant has to modify the content of the Voucher due to changes of circumstances after the User has successfully paid for the Voucher, and the User did not accept Merchant’s modification.
6.3 The User who meets the refund policies may apply for a refund according to the following steps: the User sends a refund request to Dealmoon Local’s customer services email box at: [firstname.lastname@example.org] and describes the reasons for the refund; the refund will be issued within 3-10 business days if all conditions are reviewed and met. If User’s payment is made by a credit card or through a third-party payment platform, such as Alipay, the refund will be issued to the original payment account.
IV. Rights and Obligations of the User
1. The User represent that he/she has reached the age of majority in the state or province where he/she reside; he/she is able to make a binding legal obligation; and he/she is not barred from receiving products or services under the applicable law.
2. The User has the right to accept the services of the online transaction platform provided by Dealmoon Local pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
3. The User shall ensure the truthfulness, completeness and accuracy of all information, such as name, contact information, address, etc., to be provided at the time of registration and at the time of submitting the order, and update Dealmoon Local in a timely fashion if there is any changes to User’s information.
4. The User shall not maliciously interfere with the businesses and operations of the Voucher transaction when dealing with Dealmoon Local.
5. The User shall not, through any technical means or other means, interfere with the businesses and operations of Dealmoon Local, or the use of the Dealmoon Local’s services by other users.
6. The User shall not maliciously harm the goodwill and reputation of Dealmoon Local or the Merchant, by fabricating false information, etc.
7. The User shall conduct the Voucher transaction through Dealmoon Local for the sole purpose of consumption, and not for commercial purposes, such as resale.
8. The User shall not make false reviews or false complaints for goods/services purchased.
V. Rights and Obligations of Dealmoon Local
1. Dealmoon Local has the right to notify the User to correct or update the User’s information, or suspend or terminate the services, when it is reasonable suspected that the information provided by the User is incorrect, untrue, invalid or incomplete through technical detection or manual review done by Dealmoon Local.
2. Dealmoon Local shall take necessary technical means and supervisory measures to ensure the sound operation of the platform, provide necessary and reliable transaction environment and services, and maintain the order of Voucher transactions.
3. Dealmoon Local has the right to retain the User’s registration information and all transaction information during the performance of these Terms and Conditions and after the termination of these Terms and Conditions, but shall not use such information unlawfully.
VI. Copyright and Trademarks
Dealmoon Local platform contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music, and sound, and the entire contents of our platform are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the United States. Dealmoon Local owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, distribute, publish, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication, or commercial exploitation of the content without the express permission of Dealmoon Local or the copyright owner is permitted. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Any violation of these restrictions may result in infringement of a copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
Some marks on our platform, not owned by Dealmoon Local, may be under license from the trademark owner, in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of Dealmoon Local. You may not use Dealmoon Local’s name, logos, trademarks or brands, or trademarks or brands of others on our platform without Dealmoon Local’s consent.
It is a discreet decision of the User to conduct a Voucher transaction with the Merchant through Dealmoon Local and/or accept the goods/services provided by the Merchant, after User’s careful consideration of the reputation of the Merchant and information of the goods/services provided by the Merchant. The User’s experience and the quality of the goods/services, depend on User’s perception of the Merchant’s or the Voucher website and the service provided by the Merchant, for which Dealmoon Local makes no express or implied promise or guarantee.
Dealmoon Local shall not be responsible for any problems arising from the sale or transfer of the Voucher made by the User. Dealmoon Local shall not be responsible for any Voucher transaction that is not conducted through this website.
Dealmoon Local is only a Voucher Information service platform, not a manufacturer or a seller of the goods/services. The User agrees and promises not to bring against Dealmoon Local any dispute or disagreement concerning specific Merchant’s goods/services or customer services.
VIII. Disclaimer of Warranty
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER DEALMOON LOCAL, NOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, OR LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE, OR ERROR FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (A) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, OR (B) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF (I) THE CONTENT ON DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, (II) DESCRIPTIONS OF MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, OR (III) USER CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM. DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM AND ALL CONTENT, USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. DEALMOON LOCAL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE OPERATION OF DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM OR THE CONTENT, USER CONTENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM OR THE MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. THE WARRANTY LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION ARE NOT INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY WARRANTY PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY A MERCHANT OR BY THE APPLICABLE MANUFACTURER OF PHYSICAL PRODUCTS OR ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES BY DEALMOON LOCAL THAT ARE INCLUDED IN OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS.
IX. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL DEALMOON LOCAL, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, PARTNERS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOST PROFIT OR LOST BUSINESS DAMAGES, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) YOUR USE OF DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, THE CONTENT, USER CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION EITHER CONTAINED IN DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM OR SUBMITTED BY YOU TO DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM; (B) YOUR INABILITY TO USE DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM; (C) MODIFICATION OR REMOVAL OF CONTENT SUBMITTED ON DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM; (D) THE MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM; (E) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED DIRECTLY FROM A MERCHANT; (F) THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; OR (G) ANY IMPROPER USE OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO DEALMOON LOCAL’S PLATFORM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT WILL DEALMOON LOCAL’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH A MERCHANT OFFERING, PRODUCT, AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID FOR THE APPLICABLE VOUCHER, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE. THE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION ARE NOT INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY WARRANTY PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY A MERCHANT OR BY THE APPLICABLE MANUFACTURER OF PHYSICAL PRODUCTS OR ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES BY DEALMOON LOCAL THAT ARE INCLUDED IN OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS, NOR ARE THEY INTENDED TO LIMIT REMEDIES YOU MIGHT HAVE FOR PRODUCT-RELATED INJURY.
X. Dispute Resolution
1. User and Dealmoon Local shall negotiate and amicably resolve any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
2. If negotiation fails, all disputes arising out of, or relating in any way to these Terms and Conditions, shall be resolved pursuant to the following Dispute Resolution:
2.1 Binding Arbitration
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY STATED HEREIN, ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM BETWEEN USER AND DEALMOON LOCAL ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“DISPUTES”) SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL, BINDING ARBITRATION. USER AND DEALMOON LOCAL ARE EACH HEREBY GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY (except as to those claims brought under Sub-Section d., below). The provisions of this Section shall constitute User’s and Dealmoon Local’s written agreement to arbitrate Disputes under the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to its applicable rules, including those applicable to Commercial Disputes, available at //www.adr.org or by calling 800-778-7879. The arbitrator will apply and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, apply applicable law and the facts, and issue a reasoned award.
The arbitration will be conducted based upon written submissions unless User requests and/or the arbitrator determines that a telephone or in-person hearing is necessary. If the arbitrator grants the request or determines an in-person hearing is necessary, the hearing will proceed in Dallas, Texas, unless the arbitrator determines or parties agree that the matter should proceed in the county of User’s principal place of residence.
2. 2 Class Action Waiver
User and Dealmoon Local each agrees that each shall bring any dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative proceeding or as an association. In addition, we each agree that disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these provisions.
2.3 Choice of Law/No Jury Trial
If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court: (i) User and Dealmoon Local agree that any such Dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in Dallas, Texas; (ii) User and Dealmoon Local irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such Disputes; (iii) User and Dealmoon Local agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law and the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern these Terms and Conditions and any Disputes; and (iv) USER AND DEALMOON LOCAL AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
2.4 Injunctive Relief/Attorney’s Fees
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions, either party may bring suit in court seeking an injunction or other equitable relief arising out of or relating to claims that the other party’s conduct may cause the other irreparable injury.
The prevailing party in any dispute shall be awarded reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the prevailing party and to be paid by the losing party in connection with any Dispute.
With the exception of Sub-Section (b) above, if any part of this Section is ruled to be unenforceable, then the balance of this Section shall remain in full effect and construed and enforced as if the portion ruled unenforceable were not contained herein. If Sub-Section (b) above is ruled to be unenforceable, then Sub-Section (a) shall be deemed unenforceable, but the rest of this Section shall remain in full effect.