- 每月付款=（售价/1000）x 利率
- 每月所省存款= 现在的本金和利息（不包括税和保险）-新的本金和利息
- 如果将要居住的月数 > 计算的月数 —> 可以考虑重新贷款
CHAPTER 11: PAYOFF THE HOME MORTGAGE
Key Concept #1：Start an Acceleration Payment Plan to Pay Off Your House Loan
- Baby Step Six: Pay Off Your Home Mortgage：EVERY dollar you can find in your budget above basic living, retirement investing, and college funding should be put into making extra payments on your home.
- How to Figure Your New Payment
１).Get the 15-year and 30-year rates for monthly payment per $1,000 in Loan Amount
2).Monthly Payment = (Sale Price/1,000) x Rate
- Should I Refinance? When refinancing, ask for a “par” quote, which means zero points and a zero origination fee.
1).Monthly Savings = Current Principal and Interest Payment (without taxes & insurance) - New Principal and Interest Payment
2).Number of Months to Break Even=Total Closing Costs / Saving
3).If you will stay in your home longer than the number of months to break even, you are a candidate for a refinance.
- Figure the change in your Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM).
- It is wise to keep my home mortgage to get a tax deduction.
- I should borrow the maximum amount I can on my home (refinancing to get cash out) because of the great interest rates right now – and then invest the money at a high rate
- I would be smart to take out a home-equity loan as my “emergency fund”.
- A fifteen-year mortgage is better than a thirty-year mortgage.
- It’s better to have a fixed-rate mortgage, even if the rate is higher, than to have an adjustable-rate mortgage( ARM) or balloon mortgage.
Key Concept #2：If at All Possible, Pay Cash for Your House
- What I DO tell people is that they should never take more than a fifteen-year, fixed-rate loan, and that their payment should never be more than 25% of their take-home pay.
- Mortgage Payoff Calculator：Use our mortgage payoff calculator to see how fast you can pay off your mortgage! Just enter information about your mortgage loan and how much extra you plan to pay toward your principal balance.