CHAPTER 12: BUILD WEALTH LIKE CRAZY
Key Concept #1：Taking on the Responsibility of Being a Wealthy Person
- Three good uses for money:
Money is good for FUN.
Money is good to INVEST.
Money is good to GIVE.
- Anything else you can think of to do with wealth probably doesn't reflect good mental or spiritual health.
- The trouble with having FUN with money is that the people who generally believe it's fine to have fun are people who can’t afford the fun stuff they want to own or do!
- Baby Step Seven: Build Wealth
Key Concept #2：Continue to Make Wise Investments
Dave's Basic Rules of Investing:
- Until you have more than $10 million invested, keep your investing very simple, such as simple mutual funds and debt-free real estate.
- Always manage your own money.
- Build a team of advisers. A good estate-planning attorney, a CPA or text expert, an insurance pro, an investment pro, and a good realtor are a few of the essential team members you should have.
Key Concept #3：Aim for the Pinnacle Point
- What's the Pinnacle Points? The place where you have invested to the point that you can live off 8% percent of your nest egg.
Key Concept #4：Giving Is the Biggest Reward
Key Concept #5：Strike a Balance Among Having Fun, Investing, and Giving
CHAPTER 13: REACH THE PINNACLE POINT
Key Concept #1：DON't Fall Victim to “Affluenza”
- Wealth is not the answer to happiness, emotional well-being, and spiritual maturity.
- Don't let the pursuit of wealth become your god.
- True character regarding money is knowing that wealth is not the answer to life's questions. Wealth bears great responsibility.
Key Concept #2：Realize Wealth Will Make You More of What You Are