Before you put your house on the market, you want to make sure potential buyers’ first impression of your home is a good one, and inspires them to stop by the open house or schedule a our, so they can see more. The following 12 steps are a way to get a good head start on preparing to sell your home.
1.Schedule a Title V inspection- if your home using private sewerage.
2. Welcome buyers. Make your front door visible and accessible to buyers. Paint the door, clear debris and clutter from the walkway and yard, mow the lawn and prune hedges. Pot or plant colorful annuals and perennials to attract attention from the street. Fix broken screens, doorbells, roof tiles, shingles and outdoor lighting, and replace your doormat. Exterior defects can make a poor first impression on buyers.
3. Make it sparkle. Cleanliness implies a home has been well taken care of, so deep cleaning can win points with buyers. Buyers scrutinize homes, especially kitchens and bathrooms. Recalk and repaint to give these grime-prone rooms a fresh and clean look. Clean rugs and carpets to eliminate unsightly stains or dinginess and eliminate odors. Tidy each room, including cabinets, closets and the garage, before showing. And if it seems daunting to do all that cleaning yourself, consider hiring a professional cleaning company to take care of all of it for you.
确保您家一层不染的干净 ，清洁意味着一个家得到了很好的养护，所以深度清洁房屋可以为买你的房子赢得加分。 通常买家们都要仔细检查房屋，尤其是厨房和浴室。 重新装修和重新粉刷，会让这些容易沾染污垢的房间焕然一新。 深度清洗地毯并尽量消除遗留的污渍和异味。 仔细整理每个房间，包括橱柜、壁橱和车库。在开放日之前， 如果自己打扫卫生不能达到效果，请考虑聘请专业的清洁公司上门打扫。
4. Start packing. Cramped and cluttered rooms turn buyers off and make your house look smaller. A home packed with your personal belongings also makes it difficult for others to envision living there. Start by storing away excess furniture, toys and personal decorations, such as family photos. Pack up things you don't use on a daily basis, and put them in storage or ask a friend to hold onto them. Decluttering your house also gives you a head start on your move.
5. Paint wisely. A well-done, no-frills paint job is all you need. Put a fresh coat of paint on white or beige walls, and repaint walls that have eccentric or unconventional colors. Nature- and spa-inspired neutral colors, such as taupe and subtle gray, are the best choices. Definitely don't forget the trim and molding either. And a fresh paint job on outdated or worn cabinetry goes a long way, too.
明智地刷墙。找一位专业并且经验丰富的刷墙师傅， 给墙面换上一层新鲜的涂料，颜色可选白色或米色，以遮盖你家原先比较个性化或非常规颜色的墙面。 也可考虑自然的中性色，如灰褐色和微妙的浅灰色，也是是比较好的选择。 同时不要忘记给过时或破旧的橱柜重新上漆，完工后保准让您的家有焕然一新的感觉，相信我重新刷墙很有必要。
6. Fix the small stuff. Repair or replace broken or outdated hardware throughout your home. You can install new door handles, faucets, towel bars and curtain rods -fixtures that are readily visible to homebuyers - rather inexpensively. New hardware in the bathroom, kitchen and on windows and doors also improves the functionality and safety of these components.
修理小细节。 维修或更换家里损坏或过时的配件。 比较您可以考虑安装新的门把手、水龙头、毛巾杆和窗帘杆等等。细心的买家们很容易关注到这些小细节，不放过细节会给您的房子加分不少，小细节大改变。
7. Update lighting. Replace decorative light fixtures that no longer fit your home's cleaner, fresher look. Install new bulbs with the appropriate lighting for specific areas of your home. For example, ambient, low-key lighting fills a room, whereas directional or task lighting works better in areas like a reading nook. Use accent lighting to highlight focal points in a room, such as the artwork above a mantle, to draw buyers' attention to certain selling points.
更新灯饰。 如果您刚刷了墙面或者更换了家具，那么请考虑更换不再适合您家风格的装饰灯具吧！安装跟家里装修匹配的灯具，也会给您的房子大大的加分不少。如果实在不想太折腾，也可以考虑更换灯泡，安装具有特定照明的新灯泡在你家的各个区域。 例如，柔和，低调的灯光用在您的睡房，而明亮的灯光用在阅读角等区域， 使用聚光照明以突出房中的焦点，例如装饰柜上方的艺术品，以吸引买家注意某些卖点等等。
8. Frame windows. Ensure you have the right window treatments, which enhance natural brightness and boost the appearance of a home. Window treatments also can impact a room's temperature because they reduce or increase the amount of light entering the space. Adjust window treatments appropriately when showing your home in the mornings, afternoon and evenings.
9. Set the table. Fresh, decorative flowers in the kitchen or on the dining room table are always a nice touch. Also, keep place settings handy for your tables so you can quickly set them out right before showings or an open house. Pull out all the formal stops for a dining room, and keep the table casual in the kitchen.
10. Hide unsightly everyday items. Don't leave children's toys and pet belongings out in the open during showings and open houses. Move litter boxes, pet dishes, toys, animal crates and kids' entertainment to less conspicuous areas of the home, such as an outdoor storage unit or garage before each showing or open house. Also think about where you can store things like dirty laundry and dirty kitchen sponges .
11. Don't forget the back. Keep your backyard looking spacious and functional. Plant or pot colorful flowers and keep the landscaping trimmed and neat. Consistently pick up after your pets so buyers feel comfortable touring the yard.
12.Hide valuables- From art to jewelry, keep your treasures are out of sight, either locked up or stored off-site. You can’t trust everyone who comes into your house, sometimes things disappear during an open house, take care to hide your valuables or move them to a safe space away from your home。
保管好您的贵重物品 - 从艺术品到珠宝，不要让您的有价值的宝贝随意展示在家里，妥善的锁好或存放好。 你不能相信进入你家的每一个人，你很可能在开放日的时候丢失它们，重要的事情再提醒一遍：请确保收藏好您的贵重物品或将它们搬移到比较安全地方。